Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located?
One Ardath Court, San Francisco, CA 94124
What are your business hours?
8:30am - 5:00pm
What is the main office phone number?
Main office: 415.647.0220 TTY: 800.735.2922
Who is your management company?
ALTON Management Corporation
7532 MacArthur Boulevard, Oakland, CA 94609, Phone 510.663.0177, TTY: 800.735.2922 Fax 510.663.0176
Link to Alton's web site http://www.altoncorp.com/
Who is the Administrator of the Site?
Mr. Kevin Barr, Site Administrator
Maintenance requests may be made at the office or called in at 415.647.0220. They are primarily handled in the order received with the exception of emergencies. Emergencies are handled immediately.
Is an Occupancy Agreement required?
Yes, your Occupancy Agreement is a legal
contract between you and Northridge Cooperative Homes. It is a
standard form approved by the United States Department of
Housing and Urban Development (HUD). It gives you a certain
rights as well as responsibilities. Your Occupancy Agreement is
automatically renewed unless terminated by you or the Board.
Northridge cannot terminate your Occupancy Agreement except for
Can a member sublet their unit?
Shareholders at Northridge are not permitted
to sublet to any party without the written approval of the Board
of Directors and the Department of Housing and Urban Development
(HUD). Violations could lead to the termination of your
Occupancy Agreement or your Section 8 Assistance.
How does a member become a good member of the community?
1. Volunteer when we are looking for volunteers
2. Be a good neighbor
3. Pay your housing charge on time and in full each month
4. Report any security problems you see
5. Report any damages to co-op property you observe
6. Keep your unit in a good state of repair, reporting all problems promptly to the Co-op's maintenance staff
7. When using the laundry room report any machines not working to maintenance
8. Let us know you observe any lights out in the common areas
9. Abide by the Pet By-Law
10. Abide by the Parking By-law
11. Do not disturb your neighbors with excessive noise
12. If you have ideas on how we can improve things, let us know
13. Attend all meetings of the General Members and take part in the decisions
14. Come out and help on clean up days
15. Join in on social activities
16. Bring the children out to kids events organized by the Co-op
17. Help organize social events
18. Pick up garbage when you see it
What are a members privacy rights?
A member has the same privacy as if your units were separates homes. When the Occupancy Agreement was signed, a member agreed to let the Administrator and staff of this development enter your apartment at reasonable hours for purposes of repair and inspection. Except in emergencies you will always be notified in advance. Our staff will respect your right to privacy at all times.
What are the Unit repair charges?
Shareholders are held responsible for damage caused by negligence or malicious destruction. Charges for repairs will be billed to the resident and are payable with the next month's carrying charge.
Where do members park?
Members may park their automobiles in designated parking areas. There is one assigned space per unit. Additional cars may be parked for short periods of time in an available Visitor's space, or on the streets. Members must register all vehicles with the Office and get a parking sticker, which must be placed in the real window of the automobile(s). Any automobile without a sticker is subject to immediate towing.